Amplifying Your Open Source Advocacy: Empowering Voices Through Podcasting
Finding one's voice in the open source community can be a transformative journey, particularly for underrepresented groups. In this engaging talk, Katherine, an experienced open source evangelist, developer, and established podcaster, will share her 15+ year open source journey and how podcasting played a significant role in her advocacy and personal growth. Attendees will learn how to embrace their diverse backgrounds and experiences to empower and amplify their messages through podcasting for open source audiences.
Podcasts and spoken word audio are more popular than ever and will become an increasingly important medium for engaging open source communities. Especially during economically challenging times, reaching technologists in their cars, kitchens, and home offices lowers barriers for sharing important conversations. The spoken audio medium requires a unique approach, which can complement and elevate a larger community and content strategy. This presentation will cover storytelling, production, and editorial planning, honing one's voice and style, guest recruitment, promotion, and listener engagement. Whether you're an aspiring podcaster or looking to pitch existing podcasters to share projects and expertise, you'll gain actionable advice and next steps for building an enthusiastic listener community and finding your own voice.
- The transformative power of podcasting in open source advocacy and personal development.
- Embracing diversity and bringing our whole selves to open source work.
- Leveraging podcasts as an engaging medium to reach and engage open source communities.
- Understanding the unique approach required for storytelling, production, and editorial planning in podcasting.
- Practical tips for honing your voice and style as a podcaster.
- Strategies for guest recruitment, promotion, and fostering listener engagement.
Join Katherine in this inspiring session to explore how podcasting can elevate your open source advocacy, amplify your voice, and build a vibrant listener community.