I ACCEPT THAT IF OFFERED TO PARTICIPATE AS A SPEAKER AT THE EVENT, I UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
* By participating as a Speaker at the Event, I consent to the terms and conditions of this Agreement And Release.
* I will not be paid by the Linux Expo of Southern California for my services as Speaker, nor will my expenses be reimbursed by Linux Expo of Southern California unless I have a separate compensation or travel grant agreement regarding the Event. No fees will be paid on account of any reproduction or distribution of any materials that include any aspect of my participation in the Event.
* I will meet all deadlines for producing slides, materials, materials and other requirements.
* Neither I, nor my employer, may substitute another speaker in my place. If I cannot fulfill my commitment, the Event team will evaluate and approve any substitutions.
* The Event is an educational event, not a sales or marketing platform. The Event is retaining me to provide an objective presentation that meets the educational needs of the Event attendees.
* Event organizers and Linux Expo of Southern California may record, in any format, my participation in the Event; for distribution on their website via a creative commons license. On my own behalf and on behalf of my employer, I grant to the Event and its designees the irrevocable right to record, transcribe, modify, reproduce, perform, display, and distribute, in whole or in part and in any form and for any purpose, in any media now or subsequently known, my participation in the Event, and consent to the use of any text, other image, or sound in conjunction therewith. I further waive and release all claims and rights that may arise out of such use in any jurisdiction, now or in the future, and specifically waive any legal restrictions on waivers of future claims.
* I will release my slides for distribution via the SCALE conference website.
* I am over 18 years of age or have the consent of my parent or guardian to agree to the terms of this contract.
**This Agreement And Release is governed by California law; choice of law rules do not apply, regardless of jurisdiction.