Linux For Windows Users
New to Linux, transitioning from Windows, or just thinking about upgrading to Linux? This session is for you! We answer: Why should I switch? Is Linux right for me? Will Linux work with my hardware and software? Where do I go if I have questions?
Are you are new to Linux, transitioning from Windows, or just thinking about upgrading to Linux? This session will provide you with practical advice for moving to Linux and its applications. The goal is to help make the Linux experience easy for you.
* What's in it for me to switch to Linux?
* Is Linux right for me?
* Prepare for the move to Linux by using cross-platform, Open Source applications while you are still using Windows.
* Learn how to move your mail, browser favorites (bookmarks) and documents, painlessly from Windows to Linux.
* How to find Linux alternatives for your favorite applications.
* Assure yourself that your hardware (computer, printer, router, etc.) will work with Linux.
* You are not on your own! Tapping-in to the support network for your new operating system and its applications.