Get Developing - it's easy.
We all know that Linux has some wonderful tools for developing applications. I learnt these tools to become the sole IT support for my business ( a sucessful dental office). I'll tell you what I did, and hopefully inspire you to do the same.
I want to discuss the following items during the talk.
1. Having A problem to solve - a demonstration of my application in use.
2. Choosing a license.
3. Why Python?
4. Why PyQt?
5. Collaborating with others, using launchpad for code hosting and bug tracking.
6. Packaging the app so that you get feedback. Debian packaging and the use of a PPA.
7. Translating into other languages - the GNU gettext tools. Porquoi?
8. the future for the application - can we make money from this?