ARIN is the nonprofit corporation that distributes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses and Autonomous System Numbers (ASNs), to Canada, many Caribbean and North Atlantic islands, and the United States.
ARIN is one of five Regional Internet Registries that:
- Provides services related to the technical coordination and management of Internet number resources
- Participates in the global Internet community
- Facilitates the development of policy decisions made by its members and the stakeholders in its region
- Is a nonprofit, membership organization
- Is governed by an executive board elected by its membership
- ARIN’s services are grouped in three areas:
- Registration services: Internet number resource allocations, transfers, and record maintenance; WHOIS and IRR directories; reverse DNS
- Organization services: elections; members meetings; information distribution; education
- Policy development services: e-mail lists; public policy meetings; policy documentation
More information is available at http://www.arin.net.