Workshop: Maximize Productivity with Developer Productivity Engineering
In this workshop offered to you by Gradle, we will be discussing “Developer Productivity Engineering” (DPE).
If you are not already familiar with DPE, it is a new software development discipline that uses data analytics and acceleration technologies to speed up the critical software development processes—from builds to testing to CI—and make them more efficient.
In this hands-on training with labs we will describe DPE processes and best practices in action—using examples from Java projects that rely on Maven or Gradle build tools.
At a high level you will learn how to:
- Leverage build and test acceleration technologies like build caching and distributed testing to instantly speed up feedback cycles as much as 90%.
- Cut debugging and troubleshooting time in half using data analytics to rapidly identify incident root causes and better manage avoidable failures like flaky tests.
- Continuously improve performance and guard against regressions through metric, KPI and trend observability.
More specifically, this training will cover how to:
- Accelerate debugging and root cause analysis leveraging “build scans”
- Achieve significant reductions in local and remote build times using “build caches”
- Avoid performance regressions and continuously improve toolchain reliability with performance management “analytics”
- Detect, prioritize and eliminate the most damaging flaky tests utilizing a “test dashboard” - Integrate with Git/Jenkins
The end-result of pursuing DPE excellence will be a transformative and highly satisfying developer experience.
Gradle and Maven build tool users interested in speeding up builds are encouraged to attend the training.