How Facebook got consistency with MySQL
Facebook's MySQL deployment is somewhat unique with it's logtailers that use semi-synchronous replication to strike a balance between commit latency and data consistency.
This talk will explain how Facebook uses tried-and-tested asynchronous replication in combination with data-less logtailers running semi-synchronous replication to build robust MySQL replicasets.
- An overview of the different types of replication.
- Why semi-synchronous replication is at the perfect intersection of commit latency and data consistency.
- How Facebook deploys logtailers and uses this hidden MySQL feature in production.
- Various automation and tooling we've built to manage it.
- Numerous edge-cases that we've discovered through years of operating MySQL at scale.
Friday, March 8, 2019 - 13:00 to 14:00