What's New in FreeNAS 9.3
This presentation will provide an overview of some of the many new features in FreeNAS 9.3. These include:
* a flexible update manager that allows the administrator to track multiple branches and to choose which updates to install and when. Whenever an update is applied, the update manager automatically creates a new boot environment and adds it to the boot menu, meaning that updating or patching the operating system is a low-risk operation.
* a boot manager for managing the boot device(s), creating manual boot environments, and pruning old boot environments.
* a certificate manager for importing and creating certificates, self-signing certificates, and creating certificate signing requests. Added certificates automatically appear as available in the configuration screens of those services which support encryption.
* improved VMware integration, including integration with ZFS snapshots.
* webdav shares for providing authenticated, and optionally encrypted, access to specified datasets using a web browser or webdav client.
* and much more!