Open Source Software In Education
There are many opportunities to use Open Source software in education. Come see what's available! The 4th Annual Open Source Software in Education conference will be held on Saturday, February 26, 2011 at the Los Angeles Airport Hilton in the Los Angeles C conference room. By popular demand this year's OSSIE conference has been moved to a weekend so educators may attend without missing classes.
To attend OSSIE, the Open Source Software in Education conference please register on our website or in person. Students and teachers can attend events at a 50% discount by using the STDNT promotional code when purchasing their ticket. Be sure to bring valid school ID with you during SCALE check-in.
Saturday February 26, 2011
- 9am - Open Technologies in the Education Enterprise (Jim Klein - Saugus Union School District)
- 11:30am OLPC and Sugar Invite You To Come Play With Us! (Caryl Bigenho - One Laptop Per Child)
- 1:30pm A Reflection on Classroom Robotics with Linux (Eugene Clement and John Wise - Academia Avance Charter High School)
- 3:00pm Linux case in Public Fundamental Schools and in a Private College in Brazil (Izabel Valverde, Carlos Ribeiro)
- 4:30pm Introduction to Etoys and Squeak - (Bert Freudenberg)
- 6pm Moodle GIFT Question Format (der. hans)