Los Angeles PostgreSQL Day
PostgreSQL is a powerful, open source object-relational database system. It has more than 15 years of active development and a proven architecture that has earned it a strong reputation for reliability, data integrity, and correctness. It runs on all major operating systems, including Linux, UNIX (AIX, BSD, HP-UX, SGI IRIX, Mac OS X, Solaris, Tru64), and Windows.
The Los Angeles PostgreSQL Day will present talks designed for a general audience of web developers, sysadmins, DBAs and open source users. Talks will have significant technical content.
These topics include:
- Interesting PostgreSQL Case Studies
- Solutions to common problems
- Performance, scaling and optimization
- PostgreSQL Administration
- Using PostgreSQL with popular languages or tools
- Replication and clustering
In addition to the technical presentations there will be a session of 5 minute "lightning talks" for subjects related to PostgreSQL.