Conference Info Menu
Speaking Topic: WIOS: Building Dynamic Websites with Drupal
Angela Byron got her start in the Drupal project as a Google Summer of Code student in 2005. She has gone on to become a core developer, a contributor of modules and themes, a member of the Drupal documentation, site administration, and security teams, a board member on the Drupal Association, and a co-author of an upcoming O'Reilly book about Drupal.
Angela is a senior web architect from Montreal, Quebec, Canada, and works for Lullabot, an open source consulting company specializing in Drupal. She is passionate about both open source and helping new contributors to get involved.
AbstractDrupal is an open source content management framework written in PHP, used to build a variety of high-profile web sites, including open source projects like Ubuntu Linux, online content publishers like The Onion, and social networking communities like Sony Musicbox. This talk will begin with a short presentation providing a general overview about Drupal:
- What is Drupal?
- Who uses it?
- Why do they use it?
- How does Drupal work?
- Installing Drupal and contributed modules
- Tour of the administration panel
- Creating custom content types with CCK
- Categorizing content with Taxonomy
- Customizing user profiles
- Creating dynamic content lists with the Views module
- Configuring user roles and permissions
- Customizing the “look and feel” of the site with the Panels module