Conference Info Menu
Speaking Topic: Practical applications of OS in healthcare settings
Shawn Bellina is CTO of the Comprehensive Cancer Institute and conversantHCS. Shawn is focused on clinical and biological research platform development and with a focus on Open Source technologies for CCI. In 2005 he co-founded ConversantHCS to develop a commercial biological repository platform. Prior to joining CCI, Shawn served as CIO of the Medical Center Hospital AL. Shawn has founded a number of technology companies and holds several process software patents.Cancer Care Center
- Cancer and why CCI is going down the OSS path.
- Change management - why OSS is a good fit for large organizations.
- What can go right and what can go wrong.
- Realistically Comparing the alternatives.
- Our experience with proprietary systems vs. OSS.
- Russell Hill OSS Foundation
- Other benefits for organizations that travel the OSS path.
- Why Open Source hard/software was a good strategic option.
- How to protect intellectual property while working with open-source.
- Positive and negative effects resulting from diversity in tools and languages of open-source projecs.
- Interoperability experiences with partner systems (i.e. OpenBio)