A compressed version of Puppet Labs 3 day Puppet Master training, this course is ideal for those who want a Puppet jumpstart. Newer members at an organization already using Puppet, or experienced sysadmins wanting to bring Puppet into their team will get everything they need to hit the ground running.
Topics covered include:
- Configuring Puppet and Puppetmaster
- Resource Types and the Resource Abstration Layer
- Virtual Resources, Exported Resources and Stored Configs
- Meta-parameters, Dependencies and Events
- Classes, Modules and Definitions
- Tags and Environments
- Puppet Language Patterns and Best Practices
- Attendees should have at least the equivalent experience of a junior Unix/Linux administrator.
- Each student should bring a WiFi enabled laptop with VMWare installed to participate in the labs.
Note: This class is part of the SCALE University Program and includes an additional fee. Please remember to select the "SCALE University" addon at registration.