There is NO Open Source Software Business Model
Building a business is hard work, but it is even harder when the business starts with a faulty premise. This presentation will walk the audience through models for thinking about open source software economics, and business modelling to help understand what business ideas will likely work in a world enabled by open source software. The talk looks at:
- The underlying economics of open source software development from both the production and consumption perspectives.
- The basics of business modelling that will help folks understand the risks and strengths of open source licensed software.
- The pitfalls and dangers of getting the model wrong.
- Several case studies in successes and failures in the space.
- A way to think about the use and abuse of open source software foundations.
Saturday, March 9, 2019 - 13:30 to 14:30