Rise of the Static Site Generator
While web publishing originally consisted of static HTML and CSS assets, the database-backed content management system soon took over as the dominant web publishing model. This talk investigates the rise of static site generators and discusses how these new light-weight static tools can often offer significant benefits over the traditional CMS.
Topics will include:
- what is a static site generator
- when are static site generators a good fit
- overview of static site generator options
- static site generator installation
- markup formats (e.g., Markdown, reStructuredText, Asciidoc)
- how to write content
- how to generate the site
- how (and where) to publish the site
Attendees of this talk will walk away fully equipped to install a static site generator, write content in Markdown format, and publish their new sites with a minimum of effort.
Los Angeles B
Saturday, February 21, 2015 - 13:30 to 14:30