Make Books Great Again
People have predicted the death of print for years but that doesn’t seem to be the case. What headwinds does No Starch Press face as a book publisher and why are people still buying print? I’ll examine questions like the following while keeping an eye on issues particular to the world of open source.
• How does counterfeiting and piracy affect the book business?
• How do we ensure quality? • What makes a book special?
• How do we create books about open source software?
• How do free licenses and no-DRM affect sales?
• What challenges do authors face?
• How does a publisher prosper in a world of over publishing?
• How are sales, marketing, and distribution changing?