Screwdriver.cd - Continuous Delivery at Yahoo Scale
Screwdriver.cd is a new, Open-Source build system designed around Continuous Delivery to production for today's world of dynamic infrastructure. Based heavily on our own experience evolving Continuous Delivery at Yahoo's scale, we released a streamlined Screwdriver to share our learnings towards the growing momentum around Continuous Delivery and Container-based infrastructure.
Designed with extensibility in mind, Screwdriver can be adapted to your environment. In this talk, we will give an overview of Screwdriver, show how we have scaled the internal Screwdriver at Yahoo, and finally demonstrate Screwdriver's easy setup and Pipeline definitions for both small, single-build projects and complex build hierarchies.
The internal Screwdriver has been running at Yahoo for over 5 years.
- Over 25,000 builds per day
- 12,000 daily git commits
- Built for the hybrid cloud
- Support for multiple languages
- Bare metal and container-based deployment
- Define load tests, canary deployments, and multi-environment deployment pipelines with ease.
- Pipeline-centric security