PostgreSQL Procedural Languages: Tips, Tricks AND Gotchas
One of the most powerful features of PostgreSQL is its diversity of procedural languages, but with that diversity comes a lot of options.
Did you ever wonder:
- What all of those options are on the CREATE FUNCTION statement?
- How do they affect my application?
- Does my choice of procedural language affect the performance of my statements?
- Should I create a single trigger with IF statements or several simple triggers?
- How do I debug my code?
- Can I tell which line in my function is taking all of the time?
We will explore those questions and many more as we dig into the world of PostgreSQL procedural languages.