PostgreSQL Procedural Languages: Tips, Tricks AND Gotchas
One of the most powerful features of PostgreSQL is its diversity of procedural languages, but with that diversity comes a lot of options.
Did you ever wonder:
- What all of those options are on the CREATE FUNCTION statement?
- How do they affect my application?
- Does my choice of procedural language affect the performance of my statements?
- Should I create a single trigger with IF statements or several simple triggers?
- How do I debug my code?
- Can I tell which line in my function is taking all of the time?
We will explore those questions and many more as we dig into the world of PostgreSQL procedural languages.
Friday, February 20, 2015 - 11:15 to 12:15