SCALE Announces Plans To Host Open-Source Health Care Summit
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Los Angeles, CA
November 16, 2006
The Southern California Linux Expo (SCALE) has announced plans to host an Open Source Health Care summit as part of their upcoming 2007 conference, SCALE 5x. The focus of this event will be on the use of open-source software in the health care industry. The goal of this event is to foster an awareness of the availability of open-source options to medical organizations, private practices, and hospitals. The Open-Source Health Care Summit will be held on February 9, 2007 at the Los Angeles Airport Westin Hotel.
Topics to be covered at this workshop include:
- Relevance of Open Source software and Open Standards for the Health Care industry.
- Integrating proprietary systems with Open Source software.
- Case studies of using Open Source software in health care environments.
- Open Source software in the private medical practice.
- Open Source software in regional health information organizations.
- Current and future growth of open source in health care.
- Birds of a Feather discussion sessions for IT, medical and business users in the medical space.
. and more...
The call for papers for this event can be found online at: http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/healthcare07/oss-healthcare2007-cfp.pdf
About the Southern California Linux Expo:
The Southern California Linux Expo is the premier grass roots Linux and Open Source Software conference in the United States. SCALE 5x, their fifth annual event, will be held on February 10th and 11th, 2007 at the Los Angeles Airport Westin hotel. SCALE will include seminars by leaders from the open source community, tutorials for beginners, and an exhibit hall with both vendor booths and non-commercial booths.
Linux Expo of Southern California, Inc. is a non-profit organization whose members are currently comprised of, but not limited to, members of the USCLUG, UCLALUG, and SCLUGs. For more information see http://www.socallinuxexpo.org
1.877.831.2569 ext 120
Call For Papers Submissions:
1.877.831.2569 ext 110
1.877.831.2569 ext 110 Office