Keeping data secure is a vital part of the operations of any enterprise. Customer expectations, regulatory requirements, contractual obligations, and competitive needs all demand that the data in the database only be sent out to those who actually have a need and right to it.
PostgreSQL provides a wide range of tools to secure data, and we'll discuss them:
- Physical and OS-level security, a quick overview.
- Data encryption, and how to use it effectively.
- The PostgreSQL roles and permissions system.
- Advanced security features, including row-level security.
- Security mindset and processes.
Thursday, March 2, 2017 - 15:00 to 16:00