Introduction to Docker and Containers
You keep hearing about Docker, but never had the opportunity to dive in and see it in action? Now is the time! In this hands-on workshop, you will learn about Docker basic concepts, how to run containers, create your own images, interact with the "Docker Hub", and more.
- What's Docker?
- Running our first container
- Introducing Docker Hub
- Understanding Docker Images
- Different types of containers
- Building Images Interactively
- Building Images with Dockerfile
- Pushing and pulling images
- Development workflow with Docker
No previous knowledge of Docker or containers is required, but you will need some basic UNIX command-line skills.
You won't need to pre-install Docker before the course: each student will be given credentials to connect to an individual virtual machine. So all you need is a computer with a SSH client!